To Our Valued Clients & Business Partners:
Weifield’s core values are our P.A.C.T. – they start with ‘People’ and end with ‘Trusting Relationships.’ In this time of uncertainty surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, we would like to share the details on what we are doing as an organization to protect the health, safety, and well-being of our own people and all we do business with – our valued clients and business partners – as well as the community at large.
Here is a summary of the measures we’re taking to ensure preparedness and quick response:
Weifield COVID-19 Task Force
Weifield has formed a task force to strategize multidisciplinary action across several areas of scope, including health & safety, manager & employee emergency procedures, business operations/productivity, communications, remote work, community assistance, and more. We are following our defined emergency protocols across all divisions to ensure we are taking the appropriate actions in this evolving crisis.
Protective Measures for Employee/ Client / Partner Health
Weifield is following guidelines of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Colorado Department of Health. We have several contingency plans in place both for office and field employees in the event a Presumptive Positive or Laboratory-Confirmed COVID-19 case is discovered on their job site or in their work areas. Some of these measures include:
- Robust Monitoring & Procedures: Active employee monitoring and comprehensive ‘Leave-Work’ and ‘Return-to-Work’ procedures for employees experiencing COVID-19 symptoms. All employees experiencing symptoms must leave work immediately, go home, and seek medical care.
- Remote Work Plan: For those employees who can work remotely, we are rolling out a plan for employees to begin remote work. Weifield’s staff is well-versed in remote work we have also increased our remote capabilities and will continue to monitor performance for optimal productivity.
- Elimination of In-Person Gatherings & Travel: We are eliminating all employee in-person trainings, meetings, conference and air travel across all divisions and regions for the next 30 days as we evaluate the impacts of COVID-19. We are also ensuring our employees maintain the CDC-recommended 6’ distance in their personal interactions and encouraging them to engage in recommended ‘social distancing’ activities. Additionally, any employee who has recently traveled for personal and/or business reasons to a Level 2 or Level 3 region as defined by the CDC, is required to self-quarantine for 14 days upon return.
- Thorough Cleaning & Sanitization: We have engaged an outside organization to professionally disinfect our corporate office and warehouse/prefabrication facility to achieve a baseline of sanitization, going forward (and we will repeat this process if and when we experience a Presumptive Positive COVID-19 case in any of these areas). We have ample disinfectants and sanitizing supplies available in our office for employee use while working, on-site.
Protective Measures for Continuing Operations
Weifield is also preparing for worst-case scenario in the event the COVID-19 impacts reach our central warehouse/prefabrication facility or our job sites in any of our Colorado, Wyoming, or Texas regions.
These measures include:
- Continuing Supply Chain Procedures: To ensure our projects are not adversely impacted by any potential COVID-19-impacting our central prefabrication facility, we have developed supply chain procedures so that project materials normally received by our warehouse team will be re-routed directly to our project sites.
- Communication & Monitoring: Specific communication and monitoring protocols for our field crews to continuously evaluate the potential impacts of COVID-19 in all of our offices and on all of our job sites. We have also directed our field superintendents to be in continual communication with our GC partners, on-site, to ensure we are closely following their established COVID-19 protocols (and report that information back into executive management to share best practices, as appropriate, with our crews and partners on other projects).
In short, we are doing everything possible to mitigate risk and protect the well-being of us all.
Please feel free to reach out to your project team with any further questions on our COVID-19 preparedness or actions – and from all of us at Weifield Group, we wish you continued good health and protection during this time.
Best to You –
Seth Anderson, Weifield CEO