With Thanksgiving tomorrow, there’s certainly much to be thankful for. Whether you’re building the menu, hosting the celebration, or traveling this Thanksgiving, you can protect what you’re most thankful for by taking certain precautions that ensure a fun, safe, and enjoyable holiday for you, your friends and family, and even your pets. Below, we’ve outlined our top tips for safely celebrating Thanksgiving with loved ones, whether you’re staying home or traveling elsewhere:
- Keep kids safe by paying special attention to hazards in the kitchen.
- Follow basic food safety rules, especially when it comes to cooking your turkey.
- Be proactive about protecting yourself from stress.
- Don’t leave cooking food unattended.
- Be aware of fire hazards while cooking and entertaining.
- Make sure your kitchen is fully equipped in case of a fire.
- Keep your pets away from dangerous and toxic foods.
- Don’t make your Thanksgiving travel plans obvious.
- Secure your home against break-ins.
- Do not drink and drive.
Have a great Thanksgiving holiday and stay safe!